Four generations of the Mondavi family have grown and produced wines among the world’s finest. Cesare Mondavi was the first to bring wine to the table but it was his son Robert’s passion for excellence, which inspired both his family and the world. Tim and Marcia Mondavi, along with their children, maintain this continuum of excellence, innovation and tradition at their estate, high on Pritchard Hill.
One purpose, one estate, one family. Continuum is an opportunity for the family to realize their ongoing passion for excellence in winegrowing by creating a singular wine recognized among the finest in the world. Continuum truly is the culmination of family’s four generations in wine and Tim’s four decades as a winegrower. Tim's been very fortunate to work in some of the best wine regions and vineyard sites around the globe. The Mondavi family know that this property is a great estate. Their quest is to realize this potential and to create a new First Growth.
- 1919 - Cesare Mondavi ships California grapes to home winemakers during Prohibition.
- 1933 - Mondavi family produces first wine from Napa Valley with the repeal of Prohibition and purchases part of Sunny St. Helena Winery.
- 1943 - Family purchases Charles Krug Winery and focuses on growing and bottling fine table wine.
- 1966 - Robert Mondavi Winery is founded to produce world-class wines. Tim leads winegrowing for over 30 years while Marcia develops innovative sales and education programs.
- 2005 - Robert, Tim and Marcia Mondavi found Continuum to produce a single estate wine after the sale of Robert Mondavi Winery.
- 2013 - Continuum becomes fully estate-based with the completion of the estate winery.
- 2019 - The Mondavi family celebrates 100 years in wine with an unbroken string of harvests.